What European countries can South African passport holders visit without needing a visa?
Ireland and Russia are the only two European countries that South Africans can visit without requiring a visa.
Irish entry requirements for South Africans
- South Africans do not require a visa to visit the Republic of Ireland.
- South African passport holders can spend up to 3 months in Ireland.
- Entry into the UK from Ireland is not permitted if the South African passport holder does not have a valid UK Visa.
- There are some requirements to fulfil for entry such as evidence of sufficient funds, proof of accommodation and character requirements.
- Visa checks may be carried out if travelling by land between Ireland and Northern Ireland (UK). Further checks are implied when travelling by boat or from Northern Ireland (UK) to mainland UK (Great Britain).
- UK direct-airside transit and transit by land visas cannot be used for travel to Ireland by transiting the UK, this is because entry in the first country (either the UK or Ireland) is considered entry to the entire Common Travel Area (UK and Republic of Ireland). Standard Visitor Visa required for the purpose of any transit.
Russian entry requirements for South Africans
- South Africans do not require a visa to visit the Russian Federation.
- South African passport holders can spend up to 90 days in Russia during any 180 day period.
Explore other Ineng data-focused articles
- List of SADC Countries in 2018
- Crime in Canada
- List of SADC countries by population
- Ease of Doing Business 2018
- Economic Freedom among SADC nations 2018
- South African Provinces by GDP per capita
- World Bank: Starting a Business Rankings 2018
- Map of Africa: GDP and Population
- Visa Free Countries for South Africans
- How do South African cities rank for quality of life in 2018?
- Live South African Rand Exchange Rates for Major Currencies
- South African Rand exchange rates worldwide
- Where do Ineng’s website visitors come from?