We hear a lot about the various political parties in the media, but what Political parties are South Africans searching for on Google?
Taking a look at Google Trends, we see that the ANC is the most popular political party that people search for. The EFF (Economic Freedom Fighters) are second. Surprisingly the Democratic Alliance (DA) is a distant third.
This might be because the EFF does more outrageous stunts, which people are more interested in finding out about than the DA.
What Politicians are South Africans searching for on Google?
We’ve seen which political parties are popular, but what about politicians themselves?
We see that the searches for politicians mirror fairly closely the searches for their political parties. In the chart above we have excluded Mosiuoa Lekota as his name was not recognized by Google Trends as a search topic. Instead we’ve included Helen Zille, the former head of the DA and current Premier of the Western Cape
Unfortunately she doesn’t get many more searches on Google than Mmusi Maimane.
Explore other Ineng data-focused articles
- Crime in Canada
- List of SADC countries by population
- Ease of Doing Business 2018
- Economic Freedom among SADC nations 2018
- South African Provinces by GDP per capita
- World Bank: Starting a Business Rankings 2018
- Map of Africa: GDP and Population
- Visa Free Countries for South Africans
- How do South African cities rank for quality of life in 2018?
- Live South African Rand Exchange Rates for Major Currencies
- South African Rand exchange rates worldwide
- Where do Ineng’s website visitors come from?